Hello wonderful people! This week, we feature one of the intercessors of the church as our Personality of the week. Get to know him more as you read his profile.
1. Who is behind Francis Ackah Ennin?
Francis Ackah Ennin is a pious guy who is the last of four (mother’s side) and the last but one of eight children (father’s side). He is the only male child of both parents and is surrounded by sisters. I’m 22years of age and was born on the 7th of August. I have risen through both primary and secondary levels of education and I’m currently pursuing a Bachelor of Nursing degree at the University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho.
2. Share with us your Senior High School experiences.
I schooled at Bompeh Secondary Technical School in the Western Region of Ghana. I read General Science and was one of the best students by the grace of God in school during my time and completed in the year 2014. It was a day school and coupling that with other household chores was quiet a challenge when it comes to studies. At the time, teachers were of the view that, religious leaders on campus were the “dull ones” in academics and I remember with the help of God I was able to change their notions as my performance became an antidote to their ill-perceptions. I became a PENSA executive in my second year (SHS 2) and eventually became the president of PENSA in school. That was the only leadership portfolio I took up in school.
3. Why UHAS?
Other than the fact that UHAS was offering my choice of programme, my coming to UHAS was positively influenced by an elder of the CoP whom I admired from a distance.
4. Veep, kindly tell us about Bachelor of Nursing, your Programme of study.
Bachelor of Nursing is a first degree programme mounted to equip and train professional nurses to man the health sector. Also, it’s a step to higher fields of learning in nursing if one wants to go to the diaspora in the field of nursing.
5. How has campus been from first year to final year?
As the saying goes “the higher you go the hotter it becomes.” My Responsibilities have kept on mounting as I climbed up but so far so good.
6. What can you tell us about PENSA-UHAS?
PENSA- UHAS is an amazing family I want everyone to be a part of. To be succinct, I joined this family in my first year and I’ve never regretted. It has helped shape my study in diverse means especially through the friends and teachings I’ve had in PENSA-UHAS.
7. Amongst all the committees, why did you decide on the Prayer Committee?
Praying is what I loved to do most at church and that’s something I discovered at the secondary cycle institution when I was the president. My affinity for prayer has kept on growing, even till now and that made me join the Prayer Committee.
8. What is your take on this year’s theme and focus?
I see the theme as a clarion call unto knowing God the more as a child of God and I wish it would be the theme forever because it covers all that pertains to life and godliness. It has really influenced me. I love it.
9. Which part of the Bible really speaks to you?
Romans Chapter 8. This is because it talks of the essence of a true Christian calling.
10. Who is your favourite Bible character and why?
Apostle John. He always teaches how to be God’s favorite. Especially his account in 1st John.
11. Who or what inspires you and why?
God is my ultimate inspiration. I’m also inspired by the knowledge of where I come from, where I am now and where I want to get to.
12. Which sporting activity do you enjoy and what do you enjoy doing during your leisure times?
I like playing table tennis. I also do study Christian literature.
13. What is your vision and mission in life?
My vision is to dominate in all spheres of endeavours I find myself and my mission is to be a source of joy and actualizing a sense of relevance in the life of God’s children.
14. How did you become born again?
I wasn’t born into the church, through my grandparents I became a CoP member and rising through the Sunday School I realized the need to be born again so I received Christ before I was ushered into the Youth Ministry of the church.
15. What should we expect from you in the next 5 years?
Expect God to take me to higher heights in ministry.
16. Are you in a relationship?
17. What is your take on campus dating?
It’s not quite advisable in my opinion because I think it will surely affect each partner’s academics. But if you happen to be in a relationship, I will advise you practice proper Christian dating practices. Make it a godly one of course. Note that I’m not against dating though.
18. What do you look out for in your future spouse?
An affable lady who loves ministry.
19. What’s your motivation in life?
God is my motivation, aside that, where I am from, where I am now and where I want to get to, motivates me as well.
20. Please do you have any testimony to share with us?
God has been a hedge of protection around my life and that of my family and I bless His name for that.
21. What improvement do you want to see in PENSA-UHAS?
I want to see a holistic church, a church that is able to integrate members from all walks of life.
22. What proposal do you want to make to PENSA-UHAS?
I propose to all ministry leaders to see what they are doing as their God-given ministry.
23. What advice do you have for the youth?
To love God and eschew all forms of unrighteousness.
Francis, thank you very much for making time with us. God bless you.